GUIDED TOUR OF SULMONA HD TOUR (2 hours) Euro 65.00
In two hours or more you will discover Sulmona with
a classic but very pleasant itinerary. A path suitable for everyone that winds right in the center of the city, along the ancient Roman and medieval roads and discovering the sweet tradition of
Sulmona thanks to its shops full of confetti! The itinerary starts from the Cathedral of San Panfilo, a meeting place with your guide. Our stages:
Entering Sulmona by walking in the park of the Villa Comunale:
• Cathedral of San Panfilo, the most important church in Sulmona and one of the oldest. Dedicated to the patron saint of the city, it dates back to the century. VIII. Inside it houses a precious relic belonging to Pope Celestino V.
The heart of the city, the different eras of Sulmona:
• Complex of the SS.Annunziata, the most representative monument of Sulmona in which historical artistical testimonies of different eras merge with original beauty. The Palace and the Church date back to the XIV -XVIII centuries.
• Piazza XX Settembre, where you will meet Ovid, one of the most famous characters of the ancient history of the city, but also a place where you will discover modern curiosities.
• Fontana del Vecchio, dating back to the 16th century XV "houses" the founder of the city.
• Medieval aqueduct, majestic example of medieval engineering, dates back to 1256 but for a curious history it was "liberated" by the citizens of Sulmona.
• Piazza Garibaldi, the one that once housed the fairs of the kingdom and Antica Piazza Maggiore, today continues its tradition by hosting the most beautiful events and parties.
• Church of Santa Maria della Tomba, dating back to the 12th century, houses a beautiful rose window from the 1400's in its façade.
The conclusion of the guided tour, a few more steps for Corso Ovidio:
• Porta Napoli, among the many city gates is the most important. An example of medieval architecture was once the limit of the city.
To book the guided tour of Sulmona or get information contact email@example.com.
See you soon!